Photo courtesy Eat Even More Meat Institute
Earlier this year Taco Bell was sued for leaving beef out of its beef tacos. I would be much more concerned about what Taco Bell puts into its beef tacos.
Mass-produced “fast food” is not food. It is an industrial product — designed, manufactured, distributed and marketed to make a profit. My picture shows a pile of Taco Bell products. In the background is a list of ingredients (component parts?) all taken from the company’s website.
Today’s Study Questions
- In a typical week how much Succinic Acid does your family use? (Be honest.)
- How would you explain Dehydrated Vinegar to a child with Attention Deficit Disorder?
- We’re told that Calcium Disodium EDTA is “added to protect flavor”. Does that make you feel better about it?
- If I told you that Propylene Glycol Alginate is also used to remove hair from hides during hog slaughter and as a dispersant in oil well drilling mud would you hold it against me? Why or why not?
- Are you ashamed to admit that you have no idea what Isolated Oat Product is? Discuss.
- How many of these ingredients do you have in your kitchen?
- How many of these would you want in your kitchen?