It’s a good idea to have a simple tool of some kind to help identify emotions. Unfortunately, this is not it. It’s really just a sneaky vocabulary quiz.
- paronomastic: Relating to word play or punning
- steatopygic: Having a heavy deposit of fat in the buttocks or thighs
- retiary: Resembling or forming a net or web
- basipetal: Botany, Developing or moving from the apex toward the base of the stem
- homophonic: Music, Having one melodic line at a time
- alexithymic: Unable to describe emotions in a verbal manner
- paroxytone: Greek grammar, Having an acute accent on the next to last syllable
- metaphrastic: Relating to a literal, word-for-word translation
- hygroscopic: Attracting or absorbing moisture from the air.
- sesquipedalian: Using, or characterized by the use of, long words
- metathetic: Relating to the transposition of sounds in a word or between words
- thigmotropic: Biology, Of the movement of an organism in response to contact with a solid body
- phthisic: Archaic, Relating to any illness of the lungs or throat; tubercular
- chthonic: Of the underworld, the dead and its gods or spirits
- mystagogic: Relating to one who interprets religious mysteries or initiates others into them